We are seeking a Music Minister
Applications can be submitted by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by clicking the button below.
We are a traditional Southern Baptist congregation in Alabaster, Alabama (Shelby County). We cooperate with the Alabama Baptist State Convention and the Shelby Baptist Association.
This is a part-time ministry responsibility requiring your participation at every Sunday and Wednesday worship and at occasional special events, such as Vacation Bible School. Duties include planning and directing music for the congregation, choir, and ensembles and assisting with the youth ministry as time allows. Must be committed to Biblical truth and demonstrate good people skills and organizational ability.
The Minister of music is responsible for planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive music ministry for Siluria Baptist Church.
The Minister of music will work under the supervision of the pastor and the Church Administration Team.
The Minister of music shall:
1. Work with the pastor in planning appropriate worship services for the church, being prompt and prepared for all rehearsals and services.
2. Work with sound technicians to ensure proper function of amplification and playback equipment.
3. Coordinate events with the church council.
4. Direct music groups, choir practices and congregational music or arrange for an acceptable substitute.
5. Work with the Church Administration Team in the enlistment of additional music leaders and accompanists.
6. Direct pastoral care as needed for music ministry workers and outreach for new workers.
7. Keep up to date on current music methods and trends, utilizing those that are appropriate and comply with all relevant copyright laws.
8. Keep the church informed through the newsletter, weekly bulletin and website as needed.
9. Maintain an attractive atmosphere in the sanctuary and rehearsal areas.
10. Maintain a neat and orderly music library in order to wisely steward church resources.
11. Present an annual budget request to the Budget and Finance Team.
12. Be eligible for two weeks of annual vacation and one week of continuing education each year.